Cisco PA-MC-T3 Multi-Channel DS3 Port Adapterby Cisco
Cisco PA-MC-T3 Multi-Channel DS3 Port Adapter for 7200 Series Description:
The PA-MC-T3 Multi-Channel T3 port adapter is available on Cisco 7200 series routers, on second-generation Versatile Interface Processor (VIP2) in Cisco 7500 series routers, and on Cisco 7000 series routers with the 7000 Series Route Switch Processor (RSP) and 7000 Series Chassis Interface (RSP).
The PA-MC-T3 has one channelized T3 high-speed serial interface that provides access to services at T1 (1.544 Mb) data rates, transferring data bidirectionally. This port adapter divides the T3 signal stream into 28 T1 lines that can be further divided into the 64 kbps level, up to a total of 128 channels. The PA-MC-T3 does not support the aggregation of multiple T1 lines.
The PA-MC-T3 contains the following features:
- Transmits and receives data bidirectionally at the T3 rate of 44.736 Mbps (digital signal carried on a T3 line, digital signal level 3 [DS3]).
- The T3 connection, provided by way of two female BNC connections for transmit (TX) and receive (RX), requires RG-59 coaxial cable that has an impedance of 75 ohms.
- Supports RFC 1406 and RFC 1407 (CISCO-RFC-1407-CAPABILITY.my). For RFC 1406, Cisco supports all tables except the Frac table. For RFC 1407, Cisco supports all tables except the FarEnd tables. (For information on accessing Cisco MIB files, refer to the Cisco Management Information Base (MIB) User Quick Reference
- PA-MC-T3 microcode is loaded into and operates from DRAM (or SDRAM) configuration and is determined by the VIP model on which the PA-MC-T3 is installed.
- On the Catalyst RSM/VIP2, PA-MC-T3 microcode is loaded into and operates from DRAM on the Catalyst RSM/VIP2-40.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.